MG Motor Roadside Assist
MG Motor Roadside Assist Number is: Australia 1800 64 2277 (1800 MG CARS)
As the owner of an MG Motor vehicle you receive MG Motor Roadside Assist. In the event that your vehicle is immobilised, you can rest assured that MG Motor Roadside Assist will help you to continue your journey with the minimum of inconvenience to you and your passengers. MG Motor Roadside Assist supports you and your vehicle for the period of your MG Motor's warranty, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
CONTACTING MG MOTOR ROADSIDE ASSIST
Our highly trained and experienced Technical Advisors are contactable around the clock to provide you with advice and assistance. When requiring MG MOTOR Roadside Assist please have the following information ready:
- Your VIN number
- Your vehicle's registration number
- Your location and a description of the problem
- Where possible, a telephone number so that we can remain in contact.
Once you have called for Roadside Assist please ensure that you are with the vehicle at the agreed time of arrival of the service contractor unless you have made alternative arrangements with the Roadside Assist operator.
If you are not with the vehicle at the agreed time and fail to notify our Roadside team, consequent callouts may be charged to you.
If your vehicle has broken down in a hazardous location, please tell us when you call, and ensure you aren't exposed to danger from passing traffic.
What Does It Provide?
At the site of the breakdown, the attending contractor will rectify most common breakdown related problems, such as changing a flat tyre, jump- starting a flat battery, supplying emergency fuel and effecting minor roadside repairs which are safe to do at the breakdown scene. In most cases you will be on your way in no time.
If major parts or factory diagnostic equipment are required, your vehicle will be towed to an MG MOTOR dealership or an MG MOTOR authorised service agent. If towing is required we will be responsible for the cost of transportation only, subject to the limitations as outlined in Breakdown Towing.
Telephone technical advice will be provided in relation to the vehicle's operation, any safety warnings or lights that may appear, or technical and mechanical information regarding your vehicle.
EMERGENCY TAXI TRANSPORT ASSISTANCE
Where we have been contacted to arrange breakdown assistance, we can arrange and provide taxi transport. Any costs are your responsibility.
If your car cannot be mobilised, we will arrange for your vehicle to be towed/transported to the closest MG MOTOR dealer or authorised service agent free of charge up to the first 100 kilometres (regional) and 20 kilometres (metro). Costs for towing greater than these distances are the responsibility of the driver.
Assistance/towing is only provided for gazetted and sealed roads.
LOST OR LOCKED KEYS
Where the key has been lost or stolen, or has been locked inside your vehicle, we will either arrange for your spare key to be delivered to you or arrange for a locksmith to attend. We are not responsible for any costs associated with this service â€“ the driver will have to cover any charges at the time of service. In the event that you insist that the vehicle be broken into to recover keys locked inside the vehicle, neither MG MOTOR Roadside Assist nor the contractor will, under any circumstances, be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to the vehicle as a result. Due to contractor limitations, this service may not be available in all cases.
PARTS AND SERVICE LOCATOR
When travelling away from your local area, it can be difficult to locate repairers or service stations. We can help locate the closest approximated dealership, service station, repair workshop, tyre or windscreen outlet anywhere in Australia.
EMERGENCY FUEL ASSISTANCE
If you run out of fuel, we will deliver fuel to your vehicle, or where government regulations require, tow you to the nearest fuel station. This service is provided at the driver's cost.
BATTERY AND EMERGENCY PARTS REPLACEMENT
We will arrange for the supply and fitment of emergency parts to effect mobilisation of a breakdown repair. Emergency parts are covered only in the event the vehicle part is covered by MG MOTOR's Warranty and the breakdown has been caused by a warrantable failure. In the event that the breakdown occurred out of warranty or as a result of a driver related fault, all costs relating to the repair and the replacement parts will be at the driver's cost.
ACCIDENT COORDINATION AND TOWING
If you are involved in an accident and contact MG MOTOR Roadside Assist, we will be pleased to advise you of any obligations and details that need to be obtained from the other driver, for extra peace of mind. MG MOTOR Roadside Assist will arrange towing, if requested by you, to a preferred repairer or repairer of your choice, as outlined in Breakdown Towing. Whilst we can arrange accident towing, all associated costs will be at your or your insurer's expense.
EMERGENCY MESSAGE RELAY
In the event of a breakdown or accident we can connect you through to family members, friends or business associates so as to notify them of any possible delays. Alternatively, you may request us to notify these people on your behalf.
Policy Conditions and Exclusions
MG MOTOR Roadside Assist shall not be held responsible for and is not required to provide any services where any of the following occur:
- Where the vehicle has undergone unauthorised modifications (including without limitation any replacements, removals or additions) not in conformity to the manufacturer's specifications or the vehicle has been modified or any accident or claim for service has arisen in respect of races, trials, rallies or participation in such activities. Damage caused by the fitment of non-genuine accessories will also void Roadside.
- Where the vehicle is carrying more passengers, or towing a greater weight than that for which it was designed as stated in the manufacturer's specifications or arising from or in connection with the improper, unauthorised, reckless or negligent operation of the vehicle or misuse of the vehicle.
- Loss or damage directly or indirectly occasioned by or happening or in consequence of war, invasion, act of God, act of foreign enemies, hostilities whether war be declared or not, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, terrorism, military and usurped power, riot or civil commotion or sabotage or any other events (whether falling into the same genus, species, class or category as the foregoing or not) beyond the control of you or the person operating or having control of the vehicle at the time of the incident.
- Mechanical breakdown due to driver related damage or misuse of the vehicle other than changing a flat tyre, jump-starting a flat battery, supplying emergency fuel and effecting minor roadside repairs which are safe to do at the breakdown In such cases, assistance will still be provided however you will be responsible for all costs.
- The vehicle is in an un-roadworthy condition or the vehicle has not been regularly serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's.
- In the event we transport the vehicle following a non-warrantable failure, you will be responsible for all costs incurred, including parts, labour and vehicle transport costs.
- Any person driving the vehicle must be holding a valid driver's license issued by a competent authority.
- We shall not be held responsible for any damage to or theft of objects and accessories which are left in or outside the vehicle.
- We will not be held responsible for the cost of any breakdowns resulting from unauthorised repairs or from faulty workmanship.
- We will not be responsible for the cost of any breakdowns caused by the fitting of accessories to the vehicle which are not genuine or are not from the original manufacturer or which are not approved by the manufacturer.
- We will not be responsible for the cost if the breakdown has occurred while the vehicle is not located on a sealed and gazetted public road. Service may not be possible, and the Customer shall be responsible for all costs. We reserve the right to refuse service in the event of repeated call-outs for the same event, misuse or negligence.
In the event that an MG MOTOR dealership has not rectified an ongoing fault, has carried out a faulty repair, service or pre-delivery inspection or has fitted a non-genuine accessory which has caused the vehicle breakdown, we will provide roadside assistance, however all associated costs will be recharged back to the dealership.
We can provide assistance to vehicles not accessible by two-wheel drive recovery vehicles however in such cases the customer will be responsible for all costs.
Roadside Assistance is limited to the vehicle only, no assistance is provided to any items being towed by the vehicle.
Provision of services outside of Australia
We do not provide assistance to vehicles that are located in an area that a two-wheel drive recovery car cannot access by permanent road within, or from, mainland Australia, Tasmania and its Territories or New Zealand.
"Accident" means a collision between the customer's vehicle and another vehicle or object or an attempted break in or theft of the vehicle.
"Authorised repairer" means a repairer other than a MG MOTOR dealership which has been authorised by MG MOTOR Roadside Assist or MG MOTOR Automotive to perform temporary repairs to mobilise the vehicle after a breakdown.
"Breakdown" means a warrantable mechanical or electrical failure, which causes the vehicle to be immobilised or renders it unsafe to drive, provided this is not occasioned by attempted theft or accident related damage. A breakdown may also mean a driver related incident including but not limited to, basic call outs such as a deflated tyre, locked or lost keys, insufficient fuel or a flat battery.
"Customer" means the driver of a vehicle registered under the MG MOTOR Roadside Assist program and authorised to drive the vehicle by the owner and is duly licensed to drive the vehicle under the relevant provisions, laws and regulations of Australia.
"GST" refers to goods and services tax.
"Preferred repairer" means an accident repair facility which has been nominated by MG MOTOR or an MG MOTOR Roadside Assist Dealer, to facilitate repairs of a vehicle.
"Recovery" means the relocation of the vehicle by a towing operator or vehicle transport company (road or rail) of the vehicle back to an MG MOTOR dealership, authorised repairer, the owner's home or intended destination as deemed appropriate by MG MOTOR Roadside Assist.
"MG MOTOR Roadside Assist Contractor" means a company or contractor assigned by MG MOTOR Roadside Assist to affect roadside assistance repairs, towing, transport and/or recovery of a vehicle.
"Tow/Transport" means that the vehicle will be towed or transported by the most appropriate equipment available to MG MOTOR Roadside Assist, dependent on the services available, the location of the vehicle and the time that the breakdown occurs.
"Vehicle" means any duly registered motor vehicle (excluding taxis, rental or hire vehicles) being used by the customer and covered under the program, and complying with the relevant provisions, laws and regulations for road worthiness and use.